The Cowley County Coordinator is Karen Rodenbaugh.|
We are updating and adding information to the site almost daily. Check back often and please if you have any information at all that would be helpful to fellow genealogists researching Cowley County, we would like to post it on this site.
PLEASE EMAIL all submissions to be posted on the site to: Steve Ruggles
GUIDELINES for submitting information and photos.
Thanks to Steve Ruggles & everyone else who posted
information on the site previous
We'd like to thank the wonderful people who volunteer their time and resources helping researchers find information on their ancestors.
If you request a favor from one of our volunteers, please show genealogical courtesy and offer to reimburse them for their gas, film, postage, etc. when making your request.
The Cowley County Heritage Book # 2
Project is underway. Please click on this link and print off this PDF so you and your family can submit your Cowley County Stories. Deadline for story submissions is May 1st, 2017. You can also contact Shawn Stover at the Cowley County Historical Society, 620-221-4811.
Cowley County Links
Kansas Cemeteries with map links at: EPODUNK.COM.
Researchers helping Researchers at
Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness
Sources for Local Information
- The Books of Cowley County
- William G. Cutler's History of the State of KS: COWLEY COUNTY.
- Sites with Cowley County History and People
- Cowley County Genealogical Society, 1518 East 12th, Winfield, KS 67156, PH 620-221-4591
CCGS has cemetery information and newspaper obituaries for years 1969-2002. Also early marriage, birth and death information.
- Cherokee Strip Land Rush Museum Facebook Page firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 778 * Arkansas City, KS 67005 * FAX 620-441-4332 * PH# 620-442-6750
Located 1.6 miles south of intersection US 166 (Madison) & US 177 (Summit)
The museum has cemetery burials & newspaper obits provided by The CCGS
Hours: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Tuesday - Saturday and 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday
- Cowley County Historical Society Museum
The museum is open 1-4 Tues.- Sun., closed Monday. Email: email@example.com
We have a large library of geneology information including grave yard registrations.
Shawn Marie Stover, Director........620-221-4811
- Cowley County Courthouse: 311 E 9th, Winfield, Kansas 67156.
Located 2 blocks E from the corner of Main Street (US 77) & 9th Avenue (US 160)
- District Court - 620-221-5470 or 620-441-4520
- Probate Court - 620-221-5471 or 620-441-4521: Marriage Records
- Registrar of Deeds - 620-221-5460 or 620-441-4560
- County Clerks Office - 620-221-5400
- Ark City Home Page
- Ark City Public Library
- Ark City Chamber of Commerce, firstname.lastname@example.org, 106 S. Summit * Ark City, KS * Ph# 620-442-0236
- Convention & Visitor Bureau, cvbdirection@arkcityorg, Address same as Ark City Chamber of Commerce
- City of Winfield Home Page
- Winfield Public Library - email@example.com
605 College 8 Winfield, Ks. 67156 * PH# 620-221-4470
- Cowley County
- Cowley County Community College
- Southwestern College, Winfield
Online Searchable Death Indexes & Records
GENEALOGICAL BUMPER STICKERS & LAWS OF GENEALOGY
US GenWeb Links
Site Updated: Tuesday, Feb 7,2016
EMAIL Cowley County Coordinator
Karen Rodenbaugh ....Arkansas City, KS
Email corrections and submissions to Steve ruggles
The KSGenWeb logo was designed and is copyrighted by
Tom & Carolyn Ward
for the limited use of the KSGenWeb Project.
Permission is granted for use only on an official KSGenWeb page.
The USGenWeb Logo was designed by Linda Cole.