Return to Index
Previous Section | Next Section
ST. BONIFACE church of Vincent was organized in 1907 by a number of families of St. Fidelis church, Victoria, who desired to have a church nearer to their farms which are located from six to ten miles from the latter place. Twenty-two families were in favor of the movement at its inception but only seven remained when the undertaking was completed. These seven were Maurice Baier, Ben Huser, Walter Rajewski, Anton Dreiling, Lorenz Braun, Michael Reichert and Peter Weigel. Nothing daunted by the defection of the others these seven men completed the church.
Today the congregation numbers thirty-four families. Three sisters of St. Joseph teach its schools. The first pastor was Rev. Fr. Vincent, O.M. Cap. The present pastor is Rev. Fr. Edward Heyl. O.M. Cap.
Picture: St. Bonifatius Church, Vincent, Kansas
Transcribed from The Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements of Ellis and Rush Counties, Kansas, August 31, September 1 and 2, 1926